Friday, October 9, 2009

Friday, October 9- Psalm 7:11-15

11 God is a righteous judge, a God who expresses his wrath every day.
-This is something I don't think about when I think of God. He expresses his wrath every day. That's a lot more than I'd think He'd express it. Guess wrath against sin is more a part of God than I'd like to think.

12 If he does not relent, he will sharpen his sword; he will bend and string his bow.
-God is ready to react to his wrath that is righteous.

13 He has prepared his deadly weapons; he makes ready his flaming arrows.
-His wrath is very serious.

14 He who is pregnant with evil and conceives trouble gives birth to disillusionment.
-Evil gives birth to bad stuff. Some people think they'll get away with it, but evil bears trouble in the end. Nobody gets away with sin in the end.

15 He who digs a hole and scoops it out falls into the pit he has made.
-Again, even though sinners think they get away with something, in the end they dig their own pit. It's so obvious, but we want it so much.

16 The trouble he causes recoils on himself; his violence comes down on his own head.
-Again and again and again, this same idea is echoed thru this psalm. Evil leads to punishment.

17 I will give thanks to the LORD because of his righteousness and will sing praise to the name of the LORD Most High.
-God is righteous. This is another theme to recognize from this psalm. His judgment is righteous, his wrath is righteous, his punishment is righteous. He is a God that knows the heart, that is why he can do all this. Its a reason to praise God. It is also a reason to fear God.

No comments: