10 This is what the LORD says: "When seventy years are completed for Babylon, I will come to you and fulfill my gracious promise to bring you back to this place.
-This verse talks about Israels captivity in Babylon. Usually Israel are bad towards God so this is a away to chasen or discipline them.
11 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
-The reason I chose this passage today was because of this verse. Usually when we look at this verse we just think its all good and dandy. The reality of the context of this verse was that Israel was going thru very difficult times. Imagine if the United States was taken captive by another country. A very harsh and evil country. Then this verse comes predicting long suffering before relief. Still God knows exactly what he's doing in all of it. Suffering is part of God's plan. Usually it's becuase we need it.
12 Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you.
-Because of the difficult circumstances Israel will agian learn to come to God. To pray and seek his face. We stray from this so often and sometimes this is what it takes to put us back in our place.
13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
-The key is with all our heart. Half heartedness doesn't fly.
14 I will be found by you," declares the LORD, "and will bring you back from captivity. I will gather you from all the nations and places where I have banished you," declares the LORD, "and will bring you back to the place from which I carried you into exile."
-What a tough lesson. But all this is in God's control. We go thru some tough times in life. Have we learned to trust in God. To really seek him with all of our heart. Not just for our own greedy purposes, but for God's plan and glory.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment