In this passage the people ask who Jesus is. In response he simply says he is who he always claimed to be. Some weren't completely sure what he was saying. Some still put their faith in him. Jesus then tells them that people who obey his commands are his disciples. They will be set free and understand the truths that christ teaches. The people are confused about being set free, but they don't realize that they are slaves to sin.
From this passage I can learn to obey Christ so I can know his truth. Sometimes people pick and choose what they will obey. I don't know if this leads to really knowing Christs truths. If we were really slaves to Christ we would obey everything or at least try to. Being a slave to sin is really terrible. It feels terrible. I'm glad we can be set free.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment