In this passage Jesus teaches very strongly about himself. He and the pharisees go back and forth in conversation. They say he can't make those claims about himself because he is his own witness. Jesus replies to this and says his father testifies for him. They ask about the father. He replies that if they knew him they would know the father. Jesus goes on to tell them he's going somewhere they can't go.
Jesus speaks in a direct way, but sometimes in a confusing way. Since I know whats going on what he says makes sense, but if I were there it would be hard to understand. I'm sure some had to do with how they talked back then. Anyways, from this passage I can learn that God is in control. God's ways are higher than our ways. Even when they tried to seize him they couldn't because they weren't on God's schedule. We can expect the same for us as we live our lives for Christ.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment