In this passage they ask what the work of God is. Jesus replies that God's work is to believe in him. At this the people ask Jesus for a sign to prove what he's saying. They cite moses manna as a sign. Jesus said he is the bread.
These are very hard teaching Jesus is giving these people. He has already performed many miracles and signs to show that he is from God. These people recognize that signs and wonders where provided to prove the prophet was from God. They didn't expect signs to be a normal every day occurrence. Jesus saying he's the bread is very hard to take in. I wonder what I would believe if I were there at the time. It certainly would be hard to accept. But if I saw the things he was doing back then maybe I could believe. God's will in this case is that people recognize Jesus and find life. I pray this for others as well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment