24Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize.
-The one that gets the prize is the one that wins. Everyone runs the race of life, but you win when you get Christ. There's more reward beyond that as well. Guess the born again life is a race also but everyone wins that one. But there are better prizes for those who race well.
25Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last; but we do it to get a crown that will last forever.
-It's hard to keep this attitude of strictness in our lives. We want to do so many other things. one day ruins so much if we let ourselves go.
26Therefore I do not run like a man running aimlessly; I do not fight like a man beating the air.
-Because Paul realizes the reality of the race and of training he runs with purpose. That's better than many people in life do. Most run with little eternal purpose, only temporary pleasures.
27No, I beat my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize.
-I should beat my body more. Its not my slave yet. Disqualification would be a terrible thing. But laziness could get someone there. Hopefully I never get that lazy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment