Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Monday, Dec 21/22 iono i traveled to korea

17In the following directives I have no praise for you, for your meetings do more harm than good.
-This is kind of a "yikes" statement. I'd hate to hear that about our church.

18In the first place, I hear that when you come together as a church, there are divisions among you, and to some extent I believe it.
-This is one of the big reasons Paul says this. Divisions are a heartache.

19No doubt there have to be differences among you to show which of you have God's approval.
-To some extent divisions are understandable because some people really aren't Christians. Even with this being the case the church shouldn't look so bad in the eyes of the world. They should probably be able to resolve things.

20When you come together, it is not the Lord's Supper you eat, 21for as you eat, each of you goes ahead without waiting for anybody else. One remains hungry, another gets drunk.
-Overall the point seems to be that people don't think about others. They just do as they see fit or what is good for themselves. We should be looking out for one another and doing things together.

22Don't you have homes to eat and drink in? Or do you despise the church of God and humiliate those who have nothing? What shall I say to you? Shall I praise you for this? Certainly not!
-There are simple answers to their problems. Lots of problems in this church. Seems like it'd be a headache to deal with. But lots of churches struggle with stuff similar to this. People need to grow and take care of each other.

No comments: