Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Tuesday, December 15- 1 Corin 10:27-30

27If some unbeliever invites you to a meal and you want to go, eat whatever is put before you without raising questions of conscience.
-How they should act in a certain situation. There was probalby lots of discussion in the church about how this sort of thing should be handled.

28But if anyone says to you, "This has been offered in sacrifice," then do not eat it, both for the sake of the man who told you and for conscience' sake—
-Paul doesn't want them to blatently offend someones conscience. It's not a humble thing to do to live by your own standards without consideration of others.

29the other man's conscience, I mean, not yours. For why should my freedom be judged by another's conscience?
-They are doing this for the other person. If we cause them to fall by doing something then we are being judged by their conscience.

30If I take part in the meal with thankfulness, why am I denounced because of something I thank God for?
-We're denounced in that case because we would've failed to love our brother and only care for our own convenince or pleasure.
-Sometimes we tune out and don't think about others needs. We have to becareful of this and make sure we're taking into account others.

No comments: