15But I have not used any of these rights. And I am not writing this in the hope that you will do such things for me. I would rather die than have anyone deprive me of this boast.
-Paul stressing the point that he's not doing this to gain. It's really for the lesson aspect.
16Yet when I preach the gospel, I cannot boast, for I am compelled to preach. Woe to me if I do not preach the gospel!
-Preaching is built in him. It's like a car boasting about driving. It's just does it because its built to do it.
17If I preach voluntarily, I have a reward; if not voluntarily, I am simply discharging the trust committed to me.
-Guess this is the difference in attitude between how a person can do ministry. We gotta strive to have the right attitude. On the other side if we are being served we should act in such a way that the person can serve voluntarily.
18What then is my reward? Just this: that in preaching the gospel I may offer it free of charge, and so not make use of my rights in preaching it.
-Guess it feels good to give something good away. We gotta keep that attitude in serving others. It's a rich reward.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment