8Now to the unmarried and the widows I say: It is good for them to stay unmarried, as I am.
9But if they cannot control themselves, they should marry, for it is better to marry than to burn with passion.
-Similar command to widows as for single people.
10To the married I give this command (not I, but the Lord): A wife must not separate from her husband.
-The other stuff was concession and opinion. This is a command from God. Divorce is not a good thing. Perhaps this happened to easily back then. Regardless this verse shows the lack of reverence that people have for God's word today. Granted this can be hard to obey in tough situations, but most people give up far to easily.
11But if she does, she must remain unmarried or else be reconciled to her husband. And a husband must not divorce his wife.
-Her options are simple if she does divorce. Stay single or make up with her husband. Not remarry. That person has already broken her covenant before man and God, what makes her think she can do any better with another man.
-Same goes for the husband. He shouldn't divorce. Very clear and simple command. Don't do it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment