14I am not writing this to shame you, but to warn you, as my dear children.
-Shame and warn are two different things. It could easily be interpreted wrong thru writing so it's good that paul clarifies this.
15Even though you have ten thousand guardians in Christ, you do not have many fathers, for in Christ Jesus I became your father through the gospel.
-Father in this case would be the one who brought them to faith. Using the word father gives pauls relationship with them special meaning. Like his care for them is greater than someone elses.
16Therefore I urge you to imitate me.
-Big statement to make in such a simple way. It has a lot of confidence in what God is doing in pauls life as well. It's a fathers role to set a good example tho.
17For this reason I am sending to you Timothy, my son whom I love, who is faithful in the Lord. He will remind you of my way of life in Christ Jesus, which agrees with what I teach everywhere in every church.
-Timothy has a purpose as a messenger. To remind and encourage in the way of Christ. Each member of the body is used differently. Timothy's job is no easier than Pauls just different. We all have small and tall rolls in the church. We just have to do our best with what is given.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment