1It is actually reported that there is sexual immorality among you, and of a kind that does not occur even among pagans: A man has his father's wife.
-Wonder if this kind of rebuke was awkward to write in a letter. It does seem pretty crazy that people would do this though. Wonder if it was rampant or just an isolated incident.
2And you are proud! Shouldn't you rather have been filled with grief and have put out of your fellowship the man who did this?
-Hopefully it was just one man. It's even more bizarre that the man was proud of what he did. Pretty crazy situation.
3Even though I am not physically present, I am with you in spirit. And I have already passed judgment on the one who did this, just as if I were present.
-It's very clear that this person did something wrong. Judgment says to put the person out of the church. Probably until they confess their sin and get rid of their pride about it.
4When you are assembled in the name of our Lord Jesus and I am with you in spirit, and the power of our Lord Jesus is present, 5hand this man over to Satan, so that the sinful nature may be destroyed and his spirit saved on the day of the Lord.
-Handing over to satan will discipline him or allow him to live in his sin. Either way he will live out who he is and not be destructive at church. What a strange situation to have in the church.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment