Monday, November 23, 2009

Monday, November 23- 1 Corinthians 7:15-31

25Now about virgins: I have no command from the Lord, but I give a judgment as one who by the Lord's mercy is trustworthy.
-Interesting how he bounces back and forth from his command to the Lord's commands. This isn't either of those tho its a judgment.

26Because of the present crisis, I think that it is good for you to remain as you are.
-Judging from the circumstances maybe single is good.

27Are you married? Do not seek a divorce. Are you unmarried? Do not look for a wife.
-This is kind of a big advice to give. Singlehood isn't better, but if you are single, its good to stay that way.

28But if you do marry, you have not sinned; and if a virgin marries, she has not sinned. But those who marry will face many troubles in this life, and I want to spare you this.
-I guess I understnnd this. In singlehood life is pretty simple. Just look after yourself and do God's work. In marriage there's a lot of "things" that come up. Marital issues, kids, etc.

29What I mean, brothers, is that the time is short. From now on those who have wives should live as if they had none; 30those who mourn, as if they did not; those who are happy, as if they were not; those who buy something, as if it were not theirs to keep; 31those who use the things of the world, as if not engrossed in them. For this world in its present form is passing away.
-The key here is the last sentence. The world is passing away and time is short. We shouldn't invest to heavily in this world. We should really store up treasure in heaven. It'll be nice to be there.
-Esther, lets still get married one day tho :)

5 comments:

eejun said...

you're silly

Rachel D Kim said...

Is this a proposal? Hahahha

eejun said...

It's a girl's dream to be proposed to on her bf's blog

joekim said...

i said one day...its not a proposal.

eejun said...

no need to justify yourself. ;p