-Today was thursday. what a nice thursday.
21So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me.
-Seems like a law from practical experience. It's kind of annoying that things are like this. Wish it was easier just to do good. Unfortunately the price of sin is ridiculousness.
22For in my inner being I delight in God's law;
-Ahhh, the good ole innards doing the right thing. It's so good to be regenerate on the inside by God. Our flesh will battle battle battle, but some how our hearts are transformed by the grace of God to delight in God's good law.
23but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members.
-War war war, the result of sin. It's such a fight to get the body do what our righteousness wants.
24What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death?
-This is a reality of this battle. Often we will feel overwhelmed and rightly so. this is a tough fight. The question rings out....who will rescue me? We can't do so ourselves. This is not a battle we can possibly win on our own. It is utterly hopeless for us.
25Thanks be to God—through Jesus Christ our Lord!
So then, I myself in my mind am a slave to God's law, but in the sinful nature a slave to the law of sin.
-Christ is the answer. He is the one who saves us from the slavery of sin.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment