Thursday, April 2, 2009

Thursday, April 2- Romans 5:12-14

12Therefore, just as sin entered the world through one man, and death through sin, and in this way death came to all men, because all sinned—
-Sad...Adam let us down. Oh well what's done is done and I would've probably done the same. Sin is very pervasive and powerful. A little bit can ruin the whole. Death is a result of sin. No ifs, ands, or buts about it. The consequence is simple.

13for before the law was given, sin was in the world. But sin is not taken into account when there is no law.
-Sin was first, the law came later. Wonder what the deal was on earth before the law was officially given, or was man just living by the law of conscience back then. Even adam and eve hid when they sinned cause they knew they did wrong.

14Nevertheless, death reigned from the time of Adam to the time of Moses, even over those who did not sin by breaking a command, as did Adam, who was a pattern of the one to come.
-hmm..i want a little more info on this. Sin corrupts all of creation thru one man. We shouldn't look at sin lightly. It is powerful.

-I was singing this song the other day. the second verse meant something to me because I've gotten away from it a bit. I sorta feared for the future. Where I'd be in a few months. So this song is my prayer of faith that God will take care of me. My whole life is in his hands as it always has been. I need to bow down and trust him. It's good to trust the Lord who provides richly for those who seek him and live according to his word. As Peter says to Jesus, where else can we go, you have the words of life. Well, so here it is again God...my life is yours.

Falling on my knees in worship
Giving all I am to seek Your face
Lord all I am is is Yours

My whole life I place in Your hands
God of mercy Humbled I bow down
In your presence at Your throne

No comments: