So the other day I was chillen with esther. Yea i know its a burden but someone has to do it. But we were talking about favorite Bible verses. (hmm this intro is gonna get longer than i expected) She mentioned that it was on her fb profile. At which point I realized that I fail as a bf. yea yea, i know all you girls are shaking your head at me thinking i should know that stuff. so the first random thought is that details can create intimacy. searching for these points of interests can be moot in the short term, but added up can be extremely significant adding depth to a relationship. Of course there's a huge difference between stalker-ism and depth, but proper details in the context of a healthy relationship are important. Which turns my point to our relationship with God. There's probably a million fb items about God we don't pay much attention to. so i shake my head at myself again realizing i'm a terrible person. theres so much to know about God. So many details that will enrich our relationship if only I took the time to look more closely. Well, i said this was going to be an intro, but i'm just going to end it here cause i don't wanna write anymore. hmm...well i suppose i'll at least write the quote i was gonna write about so u can think about it:
"Activity does not create meaning; it is the other way around.
If life in its existential expression has no meaning, then a change of attitude does not change the reality of meaninglessness. It only changes how one functions in a meaningless world."
~R. Zacharias
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
So I guess that makes you a bad bf to Esther, and makes all of us a bad gf/bf to God. Maaan- if God had a facebook I would be ALL over it with my stalker skills. I would hope.
rachel... i love your comments... :)
Post a Comment