Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Jonah 4:1-11

Jonah seems like a very bitter and angry man. Guess there are plenty of those around us it's nice that God can even use them. But I suppose there's always something or other that God would have us do that we don't really like to do. Anyways in this situation where Jonah should be amazed and rejoicing he takes the other position of being bitter and upset for a strange reason. I guess he really didn't like these people. It seems like God is really trying to teach him to love his enemies. It's so hard and who knows if he ever even really learns to. But I guess this even seems so relevant to our church today where people have such a hard time overcoming their own dislikes of people in the church. People are just so stubborn to change. We need to learn to have compassion and grace as God does or we run the risk of looking foolish as Jonah does here. We're fortunate to have such a gracious God. We should be gracious to others as well.

No comments: