In this passage it begins with God telling jonah to go to ninevah and preach against it. He refuses to do so and runs the opposite way. in running God creates a storm. some drama occurs that ends with jonah being thrown overboard and the storm subsiding. some interesting things about this passage are first that jonah gets a command direct from God but runs away. most people don't talk direct to God like that. He has his own personal issues that prevent him from getting on the same page as God. Sometimes I'm like that too. I have my own personal agenda before Gods. In this case God stops Jonah from running. Its odd because He knows knows exactly who he is and who his God is. His identity toward himself isn't in question but God's command is. This guy is a real trip because he's a genuine follower of God, but refuses to obey. Very stubborn. so stubborn that he'd lose his life. God had other plans for jonah though and has him saved by a fish. Hope I'm never that far where I'd rather die than do what God wants.
On the side of all this even in jonah's disobedience God uses it to save a bunch of sailors. If not save, at least turn them toward him. God works even in our sinfulness for his own purpose.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment