Saturday, March 19, 2011

Gensis 1:20-23

In this passage God creates the fish and the birds. It's interesting that fish and birds were created in the same area of time. I would've guessed that it would be fish then land animals and then birds. But I suppose if you include reptiles into the fish or sea creature category then insects and birds could have come from them. Or maybe it was just a point for God to say I can do whatever I want. I read one thing where they paralleled the creation days of 1-3 with 4-6. So light was paired with sun and stars. Land and sea was paired with birds and fish. And vegetation was paired with animals. Kind of a nice poetic balance in creation. Creation will be a cool thing to look at when we get to heaven to see how it all worked. It's amazing that God made things so technically as well as beautifully. Even us.

No comments: