Wednesday, March 23, 2011
Genesis 3:6-7
In this passage eve believes the lie. She totally disregards everything she knows that God said. She wants the fruit because it will taste good and also because she seeks wisdom. Curiosity killed the cat. I wonder how much of this conversation was witnessed by adam. it says he was with her. I wonder if he watched the whole thing and didn't say anything. Either way his position is quite questionable in this whole thing. The result of their sin was that their eyes were open. wisdom in this case was that they saw their nakedness. It was to the degree that they wanted to cover it. I wonder why nakedness was the first thing seen by their new found wisdom. Or maybe it was more that they had shame to cover up. Their purity was lost. People now try to do all kinds of things to cover their sin. But all the coverings in the world can't take care of it as Christ can. We just need to go to God.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment