Ephesians 2:14-18
-In this passage the author talks about how the jews and gentile are now one. Christ himself is the one who provides peace for us. The cross is waht makes a way to peace.
-From this passage I can learn how God loves all people. It doesn't matter how much difficulty there was between the Jews and the gentiles, God made them one. We can love our neighbors no matter who they are.
Ephesians 2:19-22
-This passage has the same idea behind it. God brings all people together to potentially be part of his family. Paul mentions the prophets, apostles and Christ to say that all are in agreement to this.
-From this passage again I should learn to accept all people. I should realize that all people that are saved are part of God's family. We should all work together for the glory of God.
Ephesians 3:1-7
-In this passage Paul embraces the fact that Jews and gentiles can now be one and says that the Gentiles are the reason he's doing things. This was God's specific purpose for Paul. The idea that Gentiles can be a part of God's plan and promise was a mystery that was revealed during that time. So even if it was confusing for the Jews it really should be an "ah ha" moment for them. Paul was a servant to the people to teach them of God's grace.
-From this passage I can learn that God has specific purposes for people. Paul became a slave to God and a servant of the people that God had put before him. I can have the same attitude toward the people I'm serving and help them to know God's grace.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment