13 A foolish son is his father's ruin,
and a quarrelsome wife is like a constant dripping.
-The first part is true. All one can hope for at that point is that the foolish son can snap out of foolishness. The second part is funny but a sad truth. I would never want to get into a relationship like this. It's amazing that people are foolish enough to live like this.
14 Houses and wealth are inherited from parents,
but a prudent wife is from the LORD.
-This is kind of neat.
16 He who obeys instructions guards his life,
but he who is contemptuous of his ways will die.
-Yea...even in my own life I know the right things to do but stray away from them. There is so much good instruction in the Bible. If we just hold to it life will be so much better. People who willingly choose to go against it...well sucks for them.
18 Discipline your son, for in that there is hope;
do not be a willing party to his death.
-Discipline is hard but it is a must. Same for Gods relationship with us. It's hard to receive but I'm glad I do get it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment