Saturday, January 9, 2010

Saturday, Jan 9- Psalm 79:1-13

-In this psalm Israel is in a very dire situation. Seems as though the enemies of Israel and God have come in and pillaged and taken Israel. Asaph recognizes that this was due to God's wrath. He cries out to God to for help. Asking for mercy. The end of mercy would be deliverance and God's glory.

-It's kind of a heart breaking Psalm. To see God's people in such a pitiful state. But the sad thing about is it is that Israel put themselves there. I think part of the lesson here is that our own sin will get us into bad situations. Part of this is God's discipline for us. Some people never repent from this or seek God. Their destiny is doom. Others learn to seek God. These are God's people. I need to learn to turn to God and trust him even though everything seems stacked against me. At the same time I should search myself and look for sin within my own life.

No comments: