Friday, January 7, 2011
Luke 4:38-44
In this passage Jesus is done at the synagogue. There are a lot of people named simon in the bible. Jesus heals simons mom. After he does this she waits on him. Many people brought the sick and demon possessed to him to be healed. He must've been exhausted which is probably why he sought a solitary place. People eventually found him though. They wanted him to stay but he told them that he had to go because others needed to hear the gospel as well. From all this I learned that Jesus was a busy man. When I was younger I always wished for the power to heal people. This is a blessing and a curse. Blessing cause it'd be seriously cool to see it all, but a curse because then you'd be super busy. Preaching was the primary goal though. Healing people was just a way to get them to listen I think. It's much like the holistic ministry that goes on all over the world through missionaries. A lot of the aid work they do is so that they can have a voice to preach. Hopefully I can think of my relationships similarly. Not just preach at them, but use the strategy of meeting their needs in order to share the gospel as well. One day at a time though.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment