Monday, January 10, 2011
1 Corinthians 1:10-17
In this passage Paul asks that the people be unified in mind and thought. There were divisions of the people over who they followed. I suppose there is a little bit of that now over what pastors people like, but I think it may have been a bit more extreme back then. Still there are many points that we get divided over today...how worship is, how we pray, how we do communion, offering, how long church service is, etc etc etc. We as people are pretty silly. If we step back from afar we are quite the comedy of foolishness. Hopefully us as individuals can be humble to work things out and keep what is important important. I like how Paul ends and says he didn't come in eloquence or wisdom but just with the gospel. Those things aren't bad, but he doesn't trust in them to change hearts. I need to think the same way also. In the end it is only the gospel that changes, not smart words or great stories. Those help, but are never the end. Trust God not self.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment