This passage talks about some prophet named Anna. She gets a bit of history behind her. She was married for a few years but spent the majority of her life as a widow in the temple fasting and praying. She also prophesied about Jesus being the redemption of Jerusalem. Mary and Joseph were getting lots of confirmation early on about who this child was. I wonder if they ever doubted and all this was for them. Or I wonder if this was for everyone else. More things for them to think about.
They went home after all the laws were fulfilled. Not much is said about Jesus' childhood, but he grew. Wish we could know what Jesus was like as a child. I also wonder if there were other confirmations of who he was as he grew up. Guess God does a lot in the quietness of life as well as the special times. Just because a lot isn't happening doesn't mean a lot isn't happening. So we just have to be faithful and grow in wisdom and grace.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment