Monday, December 20, 2010
Luke 1:26-38
In this passage an angel visits mary and tells her what's up. For the most part it seems like some little girl got picked out of a million, or nothing was all that special about her. Strange how God chooses small people to do big things. And all in all except for the virgin birth most of her great deed seems pretty average. Just raising a kid. At least there wasn't that much stated in scripture about miraculous stuff that happened from age 1-30. I'm sure there were a boat load of stories to tell then, but for some reason I imagine that most of it was life as usual. I wonder if Mary thought at all if the angel encounter was just a dream. She was a faithful young girl though. Full of faith and submissiveness toward God. Pretty amazing and worth imitating.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment