-Ahhh, all back from a week or so of vacation. It was super nice visit Esther in Portland and go golfing in Arizona. Now that I've had a month of solid break I suppose its time to get back into the swing of things as well as get stuff organized for next year.
11Again I ask: Did they stumble so as to fall beyond recovery? Not at all! Rather, because of their transgression, salvation has come to the Gentiles to make Israel envious.
-In all of Israels judgments, the point is never to say they fell so far as to never be able to come back. Envy is a weird way to bring people to salvation.
12But if their transgression means riches for the world, and their loss means riches for the Gentiles, how much greater riches will their fullness bring!
-Israels repentance would bring riches for themselves as well as the gentiles being saved. This would be great for everyone. God doesn't want anyone to perish.
13I am talking to you Gentiles. Inasmuch as I am the apostle to the Gentiles, I make much of my ministry 14in the hope that I may somehow arouse my own people to envy and save some of them.
-Paul knows that his target is very much the Gentiles, but in doing so he'd very much like to see his own people saved as well. He's specific in his target, but open to everyone.
15For if their rejection is the reconciliation of the world, what will their acceptance be but life from the dead?
-He see's how their rejection has caused the focus shift, but still their repentance is important.
16If the part of the dough offered as firstfruits is holy, then the whole batch is holy; if the root is holy, so are the branches.
-If the base is good then everything that emerges from it will be in good shape. It's important that the roots are strong or put in good places.
-God never closes the door for people to come to him. Even though they may have rejected him at first, they still have opportunity.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
glad to see you blogging again. :) i'll attempt to have something interesting posted on my blog again soon.
Post a Comment