Friday, June 12, 2009

Friday, June 12

Mere Christianity Chapters 1 & 2.

Well hello there. First of all I'd like to mention that angeline is the one who started this mess. So tough luck...keep reading. Secondly, I read the chapters a few times also. It is interesting to hear C.S. Lewis's opening arguments on the law of nature. Or natural explanations for morality. It makes me wonder where Lewis will go with this idea. Other philosophers try to base morality purely on mans preferences, but critics of this say there must be a moral law giver, or God, to make any sense out of morality. To me the moral law giver seems to make more sense, although maybe i'm biased.

The second chapter is definitely a bridge to some other idea. He seems to be just setting up ideas to get somewhere else. Hopefully the next chapters clear things up more. I suppose breaking the law is important think about cause everybody does do it. Only Jesus keeps the law of nature.

Oh well, I don't have the book with me right now, so I'll write more when I get home :)

2 comments:

aaro said...

haha i have that book right next to me. sad thing is its only collecting dust.. :(

eejun said...

read along with us :)