1Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God—this is your spiritual act of worship.
-These verses are very common. It always strikes me to take extra caution when I run over common verses. There's a lot of therefore involved in 'therefore'...meaning there was a ton of talk about salvation for the gentiles and the struggle of the israelites. Then this short doxology of how wise and unsearchable God is. So with all that in mind this is the appropriate course of action.
-view or take advantage of. I wonder which one of these I do when it comes to God's mercy.
-Sacrifice. A hard thing to give. But with the right view a slightly easier thing to do. The object of this sacrifice is to make God happy, not us. When we make God happy we do what he says. When we make ourselves satisfied in sacrifice we add all sorts of rules and ridiculousness. God makes it clear, we make it muddy.
-True worship happens in this. View God's mercy...respond accordingly in a way pleasing to God. True worship is a choice we make. Keep looking at God's mercy. Stare at it, think about it, then respond to it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment