-I read this psalm the other day and these are the verses that stuck out to me.
8 My heart says of you, "Seek his face!"
Your face, LORD, I will seek.
-This verse kind of reminds me of Matthew 26 where it says the spirit is willing but the body is weak. I feel like I hear my heart say so often to seek his face. Even in my sinfulness I hear my heart say the same over and over. Its weird that its so easy to ignore these cries. The best thing to do is do as David does and just seek his face. That is simple faith.
9 Do not hide your face from me,
do not turn your servant away in anger;
you have been my helper.
Do not reject me or forsake me,
O God my Savior.
-I like this cause I feel this way so often as well. Even in Davids simple faith to seek God's face he still knows of his sin. Asking God to be there for him. It would be so easy for God to reject him for a million reasons and I feel the same way about myself. But, God is so gracious and loving. We're pretty lucky.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment