Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Wednesday, Feb 25- Luke 12:13-21

-I started watching full house the other day. It's so retarded it almost makes me want to vomit in my mouth, but instead i leave it in my stomach where it belongs so i can poo it out later. yea, so i keep watching it anyways.


13 Someone in the crowd said to him, "Teacher, tell my brother to divide the inheritance with me."
-Someone comes to Jesus with a pretty real life issue. It's sad that there's so much strife over money. Especially when it's an inheritance. That should be a time of mourning, but instead its just a struggle over money. It divides.

14 Jesus replied, "Man, who appointed me a judge or an arbiter between you?"
-Doesn't seem like he likes the position that he's put in. I suppose there are other legal means that they could've sought instead of going to Jesus.

15 Then he said to them, "Watch out! Be on your guard against all kinds of greed; life does not consist in an abundance of possessions."
-Jesus sums it all up very well. This is a very strong warning. This is a magic saying that if you understand will save you all kinds of pain in life.

16 And he told them this parable: "The ground of a certain rich man yielded an abundant harvest.
-Parable stems from the issue of money. Main point of it should be that life does not consist of the abundance of possessions.
-Here the ground yielded. Not the man yielded.

17 He thought to himself, 'What shall I do? I have no place to store my crops.'
-Practical question. Nothing wrong with storing crops.

18 "Then he said, 'This is what I'll do. I will tear down my barns and build bigger ones, and there I will store my surplus grain.
-Nothing wrong with this either.

19 And I'll say to myself, "You have plenty of grain laid up for many years. Take life easy; eat, drink and be merry." '
-Again, not to much wrong in this except the fact that working for God is out of the occasion completely.

20 "But God said to him, 'You fool! This very night your life will be demanded from you. Then who will get what you have prepared for yourself?'
-Fool is the term used to describe the man. All this world is temporary.

21 "This is how it will be with those who store up things for themselves but are not rich toward God."
-Moral of the story. Be rich toward God. Make an investment in heaven, not on earth.
-Let this be the story of our lives. Not the story of American success, but of heavenly success.

1 comment: