32"Whoever acknowledges me before men, I will also acknowledge him before my Father in heaven. 33But whoever disowns me before men, I will disown him before my Father in heaven.
-This is very straightforward. Although it is, I feel as though people really miss [33]. We must realize that this is a real statement that we have to navigate correctly in life.
34"Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword.
-This is a scary thought. Seems like the natural assumption that peace would be the answer, but the sword part is very unexpected. What the sword represents in this case is separation due to Jesus name. This will divide people.
35For I have come to turn
" 'a man against his father,
a daughter against her mother,
a daughter-in-law against her motherinlaw—
36a man's enemies will be the members of his own household.'
-These are examples of what happens. This is the result of the unbelieving thinking that the cross is foolishness. When it comes to core heart issues this type of division can easily happen.
37"Anyone who loves his father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves his son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me;
-Of course, the command is not to not love our father or son, but that you must love Christ more than these.
38and anyone who does not take his cross and follow me is not worthy of me.
-Suffering and followership go hand in hand. Without our cross we're not worthy. Without following him we're not worthy.
39Whoever finds his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life for my sake will find it.
-Strange paradox's going on here. You'd think that finding life would be good, but finding a worldly life adds to nothing in eternity.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment