Chapter 1
I like Lewis idea of theology being like a road map. I've never took to much time to think about explaining why theology is so important. I used to sort of think that all the details didn't matter so much as long as you love God. Now I realize how important all the details are. Some, of course, are more important than others, but to really grow you can't just live by the experiences of Christianity. As long as we've been given the gift to read and understand we should take that to the scriptures given us. It's part of the responsibility that we have as well educated Christians.
-It really leaves an impression on me when people strive to understand. There are plenty that just like the experiences of fun worship, retreats, or revival meetings, but the people that seem to truly be getting somewhere in their walks are people that take the time to go one step further than the last.
-Even in the bit of theology between making and begetting, so much richness comes from it.
Chapter 2
-I've heard Lewis dimension illustration before and it's awesome. This is so important to understand when dealing with the incommunicable attributes of God. They are things that we can sort of understand, but that we can't fully understand. There's a good reason for it and it shouldn't frustrate us to no end.
-God showing himself to us is an amazing thing. I like Lewis' steps of knowing and studying stuff. Rock to a animal to a human to God. It's a special thing to be able to 'know' God. We take it for granted far to much.
Chapter 3
-I agree very much so with his time example. I've tried to explain this on occasion on some Sundays. I don't know if anyone got it, or if they did get it how important it was. It solves so many of the mysteries behind free will and election. I hate how people give up so easily because its not totally understandable. We will never be able to completely understand, but there is much value in knowing what we can know about it. People that give up so easily miss so much.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment