Friday, August 14, 2009

Friday, August 14- Mere 4.4-7

Chapter 4
-The book thing was kinda weird. It's a difficult thing explaining the trinity. I suppose Lewis does a decent job trying to explain a difficult concept.
-I kind of like how he explains the spirit of a group being sort of like the spirit of God. If nothing else it's interesting to think about it like that. I suppose it works in some ways.
-I guess the more we're near God the more we'll understand without quite understanding.

Chapter 5
-It's to bad that we're very much the obstinate toy soldier. We complain so much about our situation, and never fall into the thing we were created to be. God had a lot of options at this point. It's a kind thing that he became a toy soldier. It's an incomprehensible thing to go from a made thing to a begotten thing.

Chapter 6
-First part has a real question. Unfortunately the answer kind of is: He's God and that's just the way he decided to do it. I suppose that's fair enough.
-Even among the billions of people, individuality is still important to God. Nobody is exactly like another. God celebrates this. It's a wonderful puzzle that works better as the pieces get involved.

Chapter 7
It wouldn't be to difficult to say that we are very much not little Christs yet. Probably most of us don't even know where to begin. To say we are to pretend in order to become is a very strange way to put it. Maybe it's an easier way of saying just do it. Even if it's not totally us yet or we're not good at it, just do it and see what it does. As we live near Christ and let him effect us He'll change us to be more like him.

No comments: