Thursday, June 9, 2011

गेनेसिस ४२-४३

That title actually says Genesis 42-43. I dunno why it writes it in that funny script. Anyways in this passage it seems like Joseph is messing with his brothers. I suppose its fair that he gets to mess with them a bit because they put him through h e double hockey sticks. I wonder how much he thought about what to do. He had his brothers in jail for 3 days to think about it and wonder what to do. I'm sure he really wanted to see his younger brother and father. I wonder if he would've done the same if he knew how much stress it would bring upon his father. God doesn't seem to have that big a role in this particular story. At this point Jacob refused to release his youngest to go to Egypt for fear of his death.

In the next chapter they again run out of food so Jacob is forced to send his youngest with the other brothers to return to Egypt. In their return they must've been pretty freaked out. They got to eat a fine meal. They must've been clueless to what was going on. Joseph was very emotional to see his youngest brother. I suppose in all this randomness God was fulfilling the dream he had given Joseph many years ago. Who would've known that Joseph would go thru all this hardship/blessing in order to get to this point. All in God's plan and never out of his control though. And all this to preserve a future Israel who would've starved to death otherwise. All in the cracks, seams, and randomness of Joseph's life. We don't see the overall picture all the time, but God works things out for the good of his people.

No comments: